Everything I could have asked for in a book.

The Replacement - Brenna Yovanoff

This book contained everything I could ask for in a story and more. The Replacement is an eerie book that kept me up late at night. It falls into my favorite genre, paranormal/fantasy romance, and it actually does the genre justice. My only complaint is that I wanted a little more in the romance aspect. I wasn't really sold on Mackie and Tate's romance. It's been a LONG time since I've read a book from a male point of view, and I found myself enjoying that aspect of this book a lot more than I thought I would.

I really loved the characters. Tate is my favorite because she reminds me of myself when I was a teenager. I loved Emma too, she is such a great sister and there is real unconditional love for her brother shown in this story. Mackie was pretty great too, he's a misfit and I really felt that he grew throughout the story. Roswell was such a good, loyal friend, which is something that I always admire in real life.

I really liked the whole idea of this story. I felt that it was incredibly original, which has been pretty hard to find lately. The world building was pretty good. At times I felt that I was a little confused, and I felt that the first half of the book moved a little slow for me. This is the only reason that I'm giving the book four stars instead of five. When I read the plot summary I immediately put this one on my TBR. I was so grateful to be able to receive this book as part of the traveling book program in the All About Fantasy group on Goodreads.

I don't think there is a sequel, but I wish that there was. I really loved the characters and would like to see the Morrigan and The House of Mayhem again. This was a great introduction to Brenna Yovanoff's work and I will certainly be on the lookout for anything else that she writes. She created a world that I found so fascinating, I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.