Possession (The Dark Rituals, Book 2) - Catrina Burgess

I really like this series, I think the whole world that Catrina Burgess has built is so original. I can never predict what is going to happen next in these stories. The setting of this book reminds me a lot of the second season of American Horror Story, yet at other times I was reminded of Girl, Interrupted. It set the story up with a lot of potential to go in several different directions. I got prepared for a good horror story, sat in a dark room, all alone, reading by several candles. Let me tell you, at times if the wind blew too loud I jumped out of my skin.

In the beginning I had no idea what was going on, and I absolutely loved that everything wasn't spelled out for you, because Colina had no idea what was going on. I truly felt as if I was in her head. As soon as Wendy was introduced I fell in love with her. She seemed like such a tortured soul and I want to know more about her. I need to know what happened to her, what made her the way she is now, and I would probably love to read a story from Wendy's point of view. I love the introduction of people with the ability to read minds, that is certainly something that I always find myself fascinated with.

I think the reason that I didn't like this book as much as I did the first book in the series was because Luke was hardly in the story. I hope to see more of him in the rest of the series, because I missed him throughout this book. I'm pretty mad at Colina right about now for the way she's acting though. I have such personal feelings towards the characters because they have really come to life for me. I think that says something about a writer. I just want to knock some sense into Colina!