Good concepts, but it could have been done better.

Graced - Amanda Pillar

I received a copy of this book to review via Netgalley and Momentum books.

This book was quite the adventure. It had some original concepts for a vampire/werewolf book and some pretty good world building. I would say that my expectations were exceeded, yet I wasn't blown away. I really liked that you got many different point of views, giving you a 360 degree view of the world that was created. The concepts of "graced" humans in a world of vampires and werewolves was a really good idea.

The aristocratic society was another good concept, but it could have been executed better. There was not much description of the time period, the clothes or the atmosphere. You were aware that there used to be better technology, but society had reverted back to the old ways, but there is no explanation of why. The climax of the book wasn't as exciting as it should have been, I actually didn't know that it was the climax until it was almost over. I also don't think that the character development was that good. Events in the book didn't evoke emotion in me, but they did captivate me. Overall I would say it was full of great ideas, but it could have been done better.